2. What types of Personal Data does Accord collect from you?
(a) For the Existing Client, Accord collects various types of your Personal Data, which can be used to identify you as an individual, whether directly or indirectly (“Personal Data”), including your full name, contact address, present company and address, telephone number, mobile phone number, office phone number, personal email address, office email address, date of birth, nationality, professional license number, and picture (photo), , including any other Personal Data, which you may voluntarily provide to Accord during the course of our business relationship.
(b) For Prospective Client, the Personal Data that we collect will normally depend on how you contact us and the purpose of such contact, which may include your full name, personal or business email address, mobile phone number, and your place of work;
(c) For Individual Customer, Accord may also collect Sensitive Personal Data contained in your national identification card, i.e. data pertaining to religion and/or blood type, for the sole purpose of creating code for client. Accord does not aim or have any intention to collect Personal Data that is not necessary for, or not relevant to, our business operations, or our purpose relating to the processing of Personal Data, and especially Sensitive Personal Data. Accord, thus, encourages you to blind, or cross out, the Sensitive Personal Data on your copy of national identification card, before delivering such documents to us. If the copy of your identification card, which has been delivered to Accord, still contains such Sensitive Personal Data, Accord may blind or cross it out from the documents ourselves. The blinding of your Sensitive Personal Data on the copy of the identification card will be conducted merely for the purpose of not collecting unnecessary/irrelevant Sensitive Personal Data, and without any criminal intent.
(d) When you visit our office, we will collect details pertaining to your full name, place of work, contact number(s), and car license plate number, as well as photos or motion images recorded by CCTV.
3. Why does Accord collect and process your Personal Data?
- In the case of Prospective Client, Accord collects and processes your Personal Data in order to provide you with our marketing communications, promotions, information and/or materials about our services and products, as well as to invite you to attend seminars or events organized by us.
- The Prospective Clients may withdraw his/her consent at any time, subject to the conditions under the applicable laws, including to opt out of communications. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your Personal Data for which you have lawfully provided consent prior to such withdrawal.
(b) Contractual Necessity:
- Accord processes Personal Data of the Prospective Client in order to proceed with the request of said Prospective Client prior to entering into a contractual relationship with Accord, including to respond to the inquiries or concerns, to provide information as requested, to provide quotation, and to otherwise communicate.
- Accord processes Personal Data of the Existing Client in order to perform contractual obligations, to create code for client in order to proceed further with the contractual obligation, to issue and/or purchase order/request, and to provide and deliver products, to provide services, including maintenance, repair and product claims, and to assist in coordinating with Accord’s suppliers or vendors regarding the products purchased.
- Accord processes Personal Data of the Individual Client and the Associated Person in order to process payment, tax and financial relating matters under the contract or engagement.
- Failure to provide required or necessary Personal Data may result in Accord being unable to perform its contractual obligation, or to proceed with any of the Client’s request in relation to the contractual relationship, either in part or in whole.
(c) Legal Obligation:
- To comply with applicable law or regulation, both domestic and foreign, and to comply with order of the court, competent authorities, and/or government agencies. Failure to provide required or necessary Personal Data may result in Accord being unable to perform its obligations or duties, either in part or in whole, or it may cause Accord and/or the Clients to be in violation of applicable law or regulation, or order of the court, competent authorities, and/or government agencies.
(d) Legitimate Interest:
- Accord processes Personal Data of the Clients to record its performance, business and sales in order to be able to efficiently and appropriately plan its business strategies and marketing plans, and the analyze the products trend.
- Accord may collect Personal Data of Individual Client from the online public sources and verify your identity in being a licensed profession by checking Personal Data collected or provided by you against the data available in the website of the Dental Association of Thailand.
- Accord processes Personal Data of the Existing Client to provide information, updates, articles, newsletters, or any materials regarding our business operations, products and services, as well as information on the events or seminars organized by us, which we believe would be useful or of interest to you.
- Accord may publish your photograph on public domain such as on Accord’s website, newspaper or other social media, especially when you attend the event or seminar organized by us. Your photograph taken during your attendance at such event or seminar will also be retained by Accord for its own business records.
- Accord may process Personal Data of the Clients to protect interests, rights, properties, assets and personnel of Accord, and to detect, prevent and investigate any fraudulent or criminal activities.
- Accord may process Personal Data of the Clients for purposes necessary for its lawful business operations.
(e) Legal Claims:
- Processing of Personal Data of Clients when it is necessary for the establishment, compliance, exercising or defense of legal claim by Accord.
4. Where does Accord collect your Personal Data?
(a) Directly from you: We normally collect your Personal Data directly from you (the “Data Subject”), when you contact, communicate or correspond with us via any communication channel. This includes when you attend the event or seminar organized by us in which we may take your photograph during your attendance.
(b) Third Parties: We may also collect your Personal Data from online public sources such as your websites, search engines, database of the Department of Business Development, and the website of the Dental Association of Thailand, or from our existing clients, business partners or business referrals.
(c) Employer: In the case of corporate clients, we generally collect the Personal Data of Associated Person through your employer or directly from you, in order to provide our products and/or services and to maintain our relationship with you.
5. To whom does Accord disclose your Personal Data?
Depending on the service and/or product we are providing to you, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following parties:
(a ) Accord discloses Personal Data of the Clients to its affiliates or regional offices outside Thailand.
(b) Accord discloses Personal Data of the Clients to the suppliers or vendors who may require the list of attendees to the events or seminars organized by Accord in order to prepare souvenirs, gifts or product samples to the attendees.
(c) Accord discloses Personal Data of the Individual Client and in certain circumstances, of the Associated Person, to the suppliers or vendors for the purposes of recording the sale and purchase transactions, product claims, and maintenance and repair.
(d) Accord may disclose your Personal Data when required to do so under applicable law or in response to the order of the competent authorities, government agencies, and/or courts, both in Thailand and overseas, including, without limitation to, the Revenue Department.
(e) Accord discloses Personal Data of Clients to any person or entity who provide services to Accord in connection with Accord’s business operations, including, without limitation to, the auditors, accounting firms, legal counsels, shipping agents, and logistic service providers.
(f) Accord may disclose Personal Data of Clients to the travel agents, accommodation, or venue when Accord organizes an event or seminar.
(g) Accord may disclose Personal Data of Clients to third parties in connection with a change of ownership of Accord, or any of its assets or properties.
6. Where does Accord transfer your Personal Data?
7. For how long does Accord retain your Personal Data?
(a) For the Existing Client, Accord will retain their Personal Data throughout the contractual term between Accord and such person, and for a period of 10 years after the termination of our contractual relationship or after our last communications, whichever is applied.
(b) For the Prospective Client, Accord will retain their Personal Data for a period of 10 years after the termination of our last communications.
(c) Any tax-related documents will be retained by Accord for a minimum period of 5 years as required by tax law.
8. What are your rights in relation to your Personal Data?
You are entitled to:
(a) Request to have access to and obtain a copy of your Personal Data, and to request the disclosure of the source of the Personal Data, in the event that your Personal Data was collected without your consent;
(b) Receive your Personal Data in a commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have your Personal Data in said format transmitted to another Data Controller;
(c) Request that your Personal Data be deleted, destroyed, or de-identified;
(d) Object to the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Data, and especially where such collection, use, or disclosure is for direct marketing purposes;
(e) Request that the processing of your Personal Data be suspended;
(f) Request that your Personal Data be corrected, updated, or completed;
(g) Withdraw your consent at any time, provided that there is no other legal ground for Accord to continue with the processing of your Personal Data; and
(h) Lodge complaints to the competent authority.
Your request may be refused, and the exercise of your rights is subject to the limitations prescribed by law.
9. Change to this Privacy Notice
10. How can you contact us?
Accord Corporation Ltd. (Head Office)
2556 Unit 1502-1507 66 TOWER 15th floor.
Sukhumvit Rd, Bangna nue, Bangna, Bangkok
Operating Hours: 8:30-17:00 hrs.
Tel. 02-119-4900 ext. 3140
E-mail: [email protected]
Or you may contact our Data Protection Officer at (if required):
Ms. Kulkalaya Rukawat
Contact No.: 02-119-4900 ext. 3104
Facebook: Accord Henry Schein
We will promptly respond and make everything possible to address your concern.